tHe gaTe

I walked in the woods for so long now.
Then I see a huge rusty gate in front of my eyes.

The gate is built well, tall and high.
I pushed it once, it won’t budge. I push it yet again, but still it didn’t move one inch.
This gate is tough and strong.

I looked and examined the gate in every way I can.

The gate is humongous. It is decorated with beautiful engravings.
There are even decorative statues sitting on each side of the gate.

On the right side of the gate, a statue of an angel is calmly sitting playing his harp.
His harp is broken, and the angel’s head is covered with mud.
But as I looked closer, the muds are all coming from the eyes of the angel.
Suddenly, I felt that my heart is wrapped in sorrow.

A gargoyle sat on the left of the rusty gate.
Its wings spread wide; an exaggerated grin is carved on its face.
I couldn’t bare its piercing burning stare.
I suffocate only by looking at it.

On the top of the gate lays the words that reads ‘Amour, d'amitié et de la misère’. None of these words make sense to me, but such an instinct tells me that these words are significant to me. These words mirrored my life.

I try to peep over to see what the world is about to offer me at the other side of the gate.
I see a lake with swans swimming in it.
I see a garden so wonderful that it sparkles.
I see children happily playing on the other side of the gate.
I try to shake the gigantic gate as hard as I can.
I long to join their chatter and laughter.

But it was only then I realize my hands are bleeding.
I can see rust in my wounds.
But it does not hurt.
My heart hurts much more than the rusty mortal wound.

The paradise before my eyes is merely a mirage.
The garden, the children are gone.
The lake, the swans are gone.

All’s left is the gate of ‘Amour, d'amitié et de la misère’.

1 comments:

what r u talking about T_T