sUrrOgatEs

Before I came back from Shah Alam, I had the opportunity to hang out and catch ‘Surrogates’ with Hui Lin. The funny thing about us is that we’d been SMS-ing a lot, but we’d never really talked much face to face. I really had a great time borak kosong with her. All our topics revolve around our assignments and movie critics.

After movie sempat go dinner some more. I was the one driving, but she’s the one bawa jalan. I wonder when only I’ll know my way around Klang Valley? I’m always doing the wrong turn here and there. Hilarious.

But what i wanted to share here is ‘Surrogates’.
This movie is set in a near future, where humans are actually interacting using humanoid machines that they control with much liberty on a control chair from their respective home. All aspect of life is done using these machines they call ‘Surrogates’.

I wonder why the Malaysia version of the poster is so damn ugly.
This version looks neat and nice.


The movie actually had a pretty nice, neat and easy to understand introduction. The technology used in Surrogates was invented in order to help those who are physically impaired. People who’d lost their limbs in accidents or any other means are given artificial machine limbs in which they can control at ease. Slowly, the technology expanded so much that full humanoid surrogates are created. It’s then commercialized and the government allows its use in daily social life. This action is said to be the first step to generate the crime-free society.

Bruce Willis stars in this futuristic science fiction as Tom Greer. He is a police detective that conducts his investigation using his own surrogate. It was until his machine was destroyed, he is forced to investigate the bizarre case of a few people who actually died, when their surrogates are ‘killed’.

I would recommend this movie. Not 5 star la. Maybe 3 star the best. The special effects are really cool, but the plot, it is somehow too predictable. Still, it’s an enjoyable movie.
You might like it. ;-)

1 comments:

lol. nice meh? it's like medicine for insomnia. sleepy ah. haha. 3 of my frens slept the whole way tru...

hmm... last night cant sleep den blogged?